Friday 5 November 2010

Image Research

Joy, phone-sex agent, Manhattan

Dubonnet, Newark, New Jersey

West Side Highway, Manhattan



Community worker with prostitute, Brooklyn

These five images were taken from the Red Light photography book by Sylvia Plachy and James Rigdeway which contains voyeuristic style images to give an eye-opening look the American Sex Industry. However I did not select these images purely for their voyeuristic style, I chose them because they also have provided me with different angles ideas to take the photographs from in order to achieve a voyeuristic style.


Anon, Cheesecake, 1940

This images was taken from Bruce Bernard's Collection of a Hundred Photographs.This episode in three frames was made before the advent of phone-sex and is among the most innocent examples of the genre. I was drawn to this series of photograph due to the fact that as part of our brief it requests that the 4 to 6 photograph in which we take should tell a story and I am struggling with how I am going to achieve this effectively, however this has provided me with inspiration as to how I am going to achieve that.

Jack Delano, Florida Migrants at the Little Creek, 1914

Jaques-Henri Lartigue, A bord du Dahu ii, Bib et Denise Grey, 1986

I also selected images from Bruce Bernard's collection of a hundred photographs as they simply illustrated different perspectives of voyeurism from different eras and angles for the photograph.

Terence Donovan, Spy Drama, 1962

I have taken these series of photographs from Open City, Street Photographs since 1950. I chose these series of images as again it inspired me in the way in which I can draw together a series of image, as well as the intriguing detective feel the images have to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment