Monday 1 November 2010

Time to buckle down

I have finally decided to do the Exposed brief as I feel far more inspired in the way of development and the final images.


Today we also had a photograph tutorial which I felt helped hugely with understanding what my camera can do, especially considering that I thought would be a huge disadvantages with not having a professional camera, turns out not so much. So I decided to experiment with what my camera can do as well as experimenting with the key hole idea.


Here I used portrait which uses a large aperture, narrow depth of focus which makes the subject in focus, background blurred.

In this photograph I used landscape which uses a small aperture, giving a greater depth of focus, causing all objects to be in focus.

Here I experimented with the sport scene which uses a fast shutter speed and short exposure allowing you to capture a still image of a moving object which I don't think will be relevant to my photographs.

Night portrait was used in this photograph which uses a long exposure to light the background however due to this it caused the photograph to blur so if I decided to use this I would have to use a tripod in order to reduce camera shake.

This is party scene which achieves the same effect as night portrait.


I thought I would simply experiment will the black and white scene as this is the direction I seem to be heading in my photographs.


Here I experimented with indoors which compensates for artificial light and orangey glow that you get from indoor lighting. It prevents camera shake by using a quick shutter speed. By using the flash in this photograph the keyhole template was too distinguishable which is not what I want to achieve in my photograph.






No comments:

Post a Comment