Sunday 14 November 2010

What I wanted to say

The main thing that has inspired me through this project was the idea of incorporating a keyhole, however through experimenting with the keyhole effect, I wanted it to appear more abstract, which was when I came across Tim Walkers photograph inspiring me to make the keyhole opaque. Throughout the project I wanted to do black and white photographs, as they give more of a mysterious appearance of the subject being watch, as well as most of the voyeuristic photographs inspiring me being black and white. I was initially stuck on what the story behind the key hole would be but then when researching into observation I began to think about what we are not exposed to and that people do not want to see and the fact that images can lie, which is where the idea of exposing an affair came from. For that reason I wanted the models to be unconnected, so I chose a very unlikely couple to photograph that could act in an intimate way, therefore convincing the viewer of a lie. The photographs were slightly blurred so as to give an effect of the observers view being obscured which is a technique often used in voyeurism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment